Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sandy City 5K

We got the race about a half hour before it started so we could prepare. This is our before shot, we all look pretty sleepy. We had a long stressful weekend and we hadn't gotten much sleep. We were pretty excited to be there, especially Lola who is due in just a few weeks with my nephew Ethan I am so excited!!! Anyways we got checked in and ready to go. My goal was just to make it under an hour, I had been running 1.5 miles in about 25 minutes which I know sounds slow but when you are totally out of shape it about as good as its going to get. I had been walking while I had been running during the week at those 1.5 miles so my second goal was to run the whole time. We started and I ran and kept at my pace the whole time. It was a nice run weaving through the neighborhood and then around the mall. As I was running around it I was thinking I wonder how many times I have been on this road in a car, millions but on my feet never how strange and familiar all at the same time. I had a lady catch up to me and say we have been trying to catch up to you since you have been the same pace the whole time and I looked around and thought me? It was kind of funny that I was someone's pacer. As I can around the end I saw my family cheering and I sprinted to the finish line it was an awesome feeling to know that I had accomplished both goals under an hour 53.03 and I ran the whole time, I placed 20th in my age group and 209 overall out of 586. I know if I keep this up I will be able to cut down my time significantly. I felt so good after besides my feet, I discovered during the race that after 6 years of using the same shoes I need some new ones :) Thanks Ryan for the fun experience I am excited to keep running I feel so good afterwards.



4 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB TARA!!! That is awesome! You are amazing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAAY! I was seriously so impressed with you!

    -Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so awesome! Congratulations! Keep doing it because it gets totally addicting! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I am seriously impressed--I have a slooooow pace so let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.