Sunday, August 22, 2010

Working

I use this blog as a journal type thing as well as for blogging. So I just want to say something that has really been bothering me. For all those mom's out there that are blessed to be able to stay home with your kids please be grateful that you get to. It is so hard to leave Mia everyday knowing that I will miss something cute or exciting that she will do while I am working. I am sick of hearing or seeing mom's complaining about their kids while they are home. Believe me when I say I would trade you in a second without a thought.
Anyways, I am not usually one to complain but it has been eating at me the past couple of weeks and I had to get it out. If you are a working mom I understand how it feels to leave your kids. Does anyone know if it ever gets better? Thanks for listening.
On a positive note I am grateful for my job and the flexibility that it brings its just hard to be away from my little girl for so many hours of the day.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you! I can't wait till the day that I get to stay at home with my baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I totally get your frustrations. I am starting a new job in 2 weeks with Zions Bank and I am sad that I have to be away from my chica more than I already am. But the time I do get to be with her I love a little bit more because I know that it is cherished time and so yes, I spoil her a little more, cuddle her and possible even rock her to sleep more times just because I know I don't get to spend all day with her. (and I think she likes it more too!) So I can't say it will get better, but just make them better moments! You're a great mommy for working to make her a better life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, it is nice to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. I complain to Travis weekly about how much I am away from our little girl. Things might not get better soon. I have talked to friends who have toddler children who really have a hard time going to daycare and it makes it even harder on the mom to leave them. So, we just have to make the most of the time that we do get to spend with them. I am so worried that I am going to miss something, which will totally happen. I am worried that she is going to start calling her daycare provider mommy. I work long hours and am exhausted when I get home and feel like I'm not a good mom when I get to be one. Know that you are trying your best and enjoy every moment that you can be with them.
    I am sorry for ranting there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to be away from your cute little Mia. She is always so happy when ever I see her and I know you take good care of her and she knows she is loved. I don't work out side of the home but I know how frustrating it is when you hear other moms complain about having to be home with their kids. I just want to tell them they should feel so lucky to have them and they should enjoy every minute with them. If there is every anything I can do please let me know.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.