Tuesday, December 8, 2009

First Date


Eight years ago today was our first date. It was Christmas Dance haha. Kade asked me with The Grinch movie and put a nickel in the dvd box, for Kade Nichol. He is so creative or whoever helped him was. In return to his question my mom and I made a blanket with Grinch fabric and put a yes in the corner. Thus started the blanket gift for every year but that can be for another post. For the Christmas dance we got to wear pajamas, my personal favorite dance. Kade bought us these cute pj's from Target and brought them to me at school. I was a little nervous to go with him as most of you know he was pretty much obsessed with me and it scared me a little. He came to pick me up and we were going paintballing in the gully first. He gave me the semi automatice gun instead of the hand pump one because I was his date. It was really fun to hit other people and we had a good time. Then we went home to get ready. I had just dyed my hair back to dark which I found out later he preferred the blonde so I am sure he was a little disappointed, but he didn't show it. I straightened it and then did waves on the top. I am such a brat, I made my mom take down the mistletoe because it was right at the top of our stairs and I didn't want to kiss him. Anyways he walked in with a dozen roses, they were beautiful! No one had ever brought me a dozen roses on our first date I knew there was something special about him but I kept it to myself because I thought I was in love with someone else. We went to his neighbors house to have dinner they had set up tables and chairs in the garage and had cooked dutch oven. Well dutch oven cooking is one of Kade's many talents and I was lucky enough to get to eat it. We had bbq spare ribs, potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake. It was so good! Then we went to the dance and got our pictures then we went into the dance. We were dancing and then a bunch of us were running in a circle and he let go of my hand and I flew across the gym. He felt so bad but I was just laughing it was kind of funny. We had fun at the dance then we went to Justin Hill's house to watch Clifford and eat Krispy Kreme doughnuts. Oh Trent and Sarah rode in the car with us, we went in the Durango. It was fun and he was so nice even though I am such a brat, funny how things change and how I can't even imagine my life without him. He is so sweet, loves me more than anything in this world, and is the best father I could ever ask for for our Mia. I love our first date story because it is different from most of our friends that are married. I love you baby, happy first date!


3 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I love how you remember how you did your hair and that you made your mom take down the mistletoe. I remember driving with you guys. That was a fun dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this post! It was so interesting to read about your first date and how it all started! And I love that it is such a fun story to share :) I would love to see that picture if you ever get it scanned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun story, creepy santa on the side of your page dude.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.