Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grandma Copeland

 My Grandma Copeland returned to our Heavenly Father on August 11, 2012. It was a bitter sweet phone call I received from my dad. My cute grandma had been sick about 9 months and wasn't doing well at all so we were so sad to see her go but so happy that she didn't have to be in pain anymore. She also got to return to her sweetheart and she had been waiting for that for a long time. My Grandma was an amazing woman and had a heart of gold. She was one of those no nonsense people and didn't like fluff. She loved having her boys, she has all boys. She would always say to me I don't know what to do with girls. I had the priviledge of speaking at her funeral and I really enjoyed being able to. I told a few stories and I thought I would share my favorite on here: About 9 years ago a show called One Tree Hill came out and my grandma and I started watching it. I am not sure why she did but she told me that she like it because of the good looking boys well I couldn't argue with her there, they were good looking. We would talk about it every time I would call her and I would love to hear her say that she was going to stop watching it because it was getting too "racey" but she would just keep watching it. This year was the last season and I called her right before it was starting to make sure she was watching it even though I knew she wasn't quite all there and she was excited to see it. It was our special thing and I guess she just had to see how it was ending before her ending. There are so many amazing things that my grandma did but I think her biggest accomplishment was her amazing marriage and being a wonderful mother and grandmother. She met my grandpa and 14 days later they were married. She loved to cook for anyone and everyone and she was a wonderful cook. I will miss her yummy food and her love to share it with everyone. I love you Grandma and hope you are so happy now that you are reunited with Pappy. Until we meet again...I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Death is so hard, yet when it is their time, very peaceful. She sounds amazing and the pictures are great. I'm sorry that she passed away, but what a wonderful legacy she left.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.