Monday, February 10, 2014

My Kade

I know this is out of sequence but Kade made me laugh so hard yesterday I just had to share. I have known Kade a long time and lived with him long enough to know his bad habits and sometimes they drive me crazy but yesterday I just laughed and laughed. So we were done watching the Olympics and I walked into the kitchen to finish putting dinner away and I saw three wrappers and a few other pieces of garbage and I looked at him and then looked at the garbage can. He had taken the garbage out but hadn't put a bag back in (he hates to do that) instead of asking me if I would he just left it and I started laughing and said you really would rather just leave garbage on the counter than put a bag in it? He was like you are so much better at it than I am, so I put a bag in and he threw away the garbage. Then we were brushing our teeth and he got done before me and I said can you please lock the back door. Then I finished and I said remember last Thursday when I asked you to before I went to bed (he was staying up to watch something) and you said you would. Well when I woke up at 3am to pee (once a night for my entire life) I checked it and it wasn't locked at all and he kind of chuckled. Then I was getting a drink and I remembered there was a basket of laundry sitting on our bed that I hadn't put away and normally he will just move it to my side and thinks he is funny so I said as I am getting my drink of water will you please just put that basket of clothes on the ground and I will put them away tomorrow? I walk in our room and it is sitting on my side of the bed. I died laughing and he was like you think you know me so well and I said yes I just predicted three things in a row you would do or not do and they were all exactly what you do. Then we are laying there and about five minutes later he says so last week when I didn't lock the door and I went to leave for work that morning and I had to unlock it I thought oh good I did end up locking the door last night. It was hilarious. Then I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Morale of the story...if you can't laugh with the person you love then you are going to have a hard relationship. I love my relationship with Kade, no one understand me better or treats me like a queen. He is an amazing husband and I can't imagine my life with out him. I love that he is such a fun dad and our kids absolutely adore him.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true! I love this post. Your kids are growing up and are so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa!! This is totally Kade!! Such a bum! Ha ha I've noticed the garbage thing with Mike, too! That he just leaves wrappers lying around! Drives me nuts! But isn't worth a fight over! I just roll my eyes and throw it away! Ha ha must be a man thing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.