Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thanksgiving 2013

 I love Thanksgiving, it was one of my favorites growing up. I loved staying up late the night before helping my mom prepare. She made it most years and she did it all because she is amazing and everything was always perfect. I love her pie, green bean casserole and my absolute favorite is her dressing. I would steal it as she was preparing it because I love it raw or cooked in or out of the turkey it is amazing!!! So when it is my side for Thanksgiving I get extra excited because I know that I am going to get my mom's dressing even if she isn't hosting it because I am spoiled and she brings it for me. This year was no exception and she even left me some raw because she loves me oh so much. We started our day out by running in the human race which was so fun. Mona and I just ran and talked and kept a good but fun pace, and I was able to drag Kade along he is such a good sport. Then we went home and got ready for the day. I wanted to do something special for Kade since it wasn't his year with his family and its always hard to miss out on what they are having that are your favorites so I decided to make his grandma Helen's candied yams. They are out of this world and one of his favorite things. So I made them and they were actually a success :) Then I also made an apple, cranberry crisp that I stole from his cousin Liz a while back that is now a tradition for me to make and take every year, we also made two pies our pink lemonade pie and a berry pie for Ry Guy. Lola and Ryan hosted the dinner and they did an awesome job. Lola made these cute pilgrim faces for the silver wear to go around the napkin, they were adorable. Everyone made amazing food and we all were sick! My mom's boyfriend also announced that they had just gotten engaged and were going to be married in the summer :) Mia really wanted to wear her Indian headband she made at school and her maxi skirt because she wanted to be dressed up, funny girl. Brooks wanted to show us Lightning, he is quite obsessed. Thanks to my amazing family for having such a fun day I love spending time with all of them and we are so lucky to be able to. Thanks to Kade for being so amazing and my beautiful children, I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.