Monday, October 10, 2011

Women's Conference

My beautiful, wonderful, talented, sister in law Kristen got tickets to women's conference and invited me because she is so awesome like that :) We had a great time going there watching me try and walk in four inch hills. I really wanted to wear them since I wouldn't be chasing children but that didn't work out so well for me and eventually Kristen had to switch me shoes haha. I forgot how much my feet have changed since I had my kids I guess I will just have to buy new shoes. I loved all the speakers and the messages that we heard. President Uchtdorf gave one of the best talks I have ever heard. A few of the things that I really enjoyed that he said were: Stop punishing yourself (I do this a lot over everything, especially working and I realized I don't have to do this everyday and the last couple weeks have been so much better for me) Be happy with your successes, Eternal perspective, we need to be happy with what we have now and be happy with everyday moments, the gospel is not an obligation its a pathway, we are never forgotten no matter how dark our days are or how insignificant we feel.

After the conference we went to dinner at Cancun Cafe it was yummy! Thanks dad for watching my kids so I could go since Kade was hunting. Thanks again Kristen it was so fun to spend time with you and we missed you Miss Lola Lola.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.