Monday, November 21, 2011

Growing up

Mia is getting so old. She turned 2 1/2 yesterday. I can't believe I have been a mom that long and that I ever had life without her. I can't imagine not having my little buddy. When I lived in Florida and worked at Disney World it was really hot when we first moved there. We didn't want to be at the park so we would hang out in our apartment and watch tv well that got old after about two days so we started doing things while we would watch tv. I taught myself how to french braid on myself. I would do this occasionally because I love french braids and to practice for when I would have a daughter. Well the other day I finally got to try out my skill. Mia asked me for Rapunzel hair, I asked her in a braid? Hoping that would be what she was talking about and in fact it was. I asked her if I could do two braids and she said yes so I put on Jake and the Neverland Pirates (one of her favorites) and started working away. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to do it backwards since I had only ever done it on myself but after a few minutes I figured it out. She has never sat so still while I have done her hair. She was so happy afterwards. Yeah a skill that I can actually use :) Love you little girl and can't believe you are old enough and have long enough hair to french braid.

2 comments:

  1. Ok so how did I miss that you worked at WDW? I did too!!! We have so much in common! I am impressed you learned how to do it on yourself. I can braid others, but have the hardest time braiding my hair. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.