Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Shirt

When I found out I was having twins my doctor put me on very limited exercise and its been really hard on me. I guess I didn't realize how much I really loved working out. The further I got the less I could do, it hurts for me to stand more than ten minutes so trying to do anything else is kind of out of the question. When I get home from work I can't do much more than unload the dishwasher or switch the laundry before I have to lay down. It has been frustrating for me but I know its all going to be worth it. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family who has been so helpful and supportive so I haven't been so lonely. I have tried really hard to listen to my body so that I don't push it too hard and for those that know me I am a pusher :) This morning as I was looking through my shirt options haha I came across this shirt. I got this shirt when I worked at Redwood Rec and was my heaviest I used to wear it a lot. I love gray shirts. When I got to work I looked up and saw this picture of me and my Mia and realized I was wearing the same shirt and I thought wow it fits and I am this far pregnant with twins. This picture of us was two years ago so I had even started to loose weight by the time this had been taken about 30 pounds, as I looked at that picture I realized it was going to be okay. I am going to be able to work out again and loose the weight and feel better, its going to happen because I am a hard worker and want to feel good in my own skin. I have to do it to be a good example to my children and teach them how important exercise is and should be part of everyday life. They know it is and they point out people running and riding their bikes and say mom they are exercising. I am so glad they see how important it is and how much we need it in our life and how eating healthy and making good choices are part of that. Thank goodness for this knowledge that I have been given because I am so much happier and love that I have been able to change even though it has been hard the last few months. I am so thrilled to be having these babies I can't even put it into words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.