Monday, January 3, 2011

The End of a Decade


2000-2010

A lot has happened in this decade. Its amazing to see where I was ten years ago to now. Life is full of surprises and I am glad to have been to and through all these places in the last ten years. Enjoy there are some fantastic pictures haha.














2000: I was a sophmore/junior in high school at Jordan High.

I loved soccer, going on dates, driving, orchestra, Backstreet Boys,

Garth Brooks, BOYS, BOYS, BOYS! Here I am getting an answer to Chars after

soccer practice. The answer was yes and I went with Cody Graham. We

had a great time.

On a sad note my cousins Natalie and Reyna were in a horrible car crash,

Reyna survived but Natalie didn't. It was hard on the family that year. We

also lost state soccer that year to Skyline.

The year was good just a hard one.




















2001: I was a junior/senior in high school at Jordan High.
I was still into all the things listed above. I met Kade that year.
I played high school soccer which was pretty much my life.
We lost state for the second year in a row. I was made captain
of the team. I started working at Dimple Dell. I went on my
first date with Kade. I went to see Backstreet Boys with Mona!
I was trying to figure out where to go to college. At the beginning
of the year I was dead set on going to Utah State, by the end I had
no idea. It was a good year, one that changed my life in two ways.
I had met my husband and essentially started my career.



























2002: I was a senior in high school. I started the year out

not knowing what I wanted by the end of the school year

the answer to that question was Kade :) I graduated

from high school and seminary. I worked hard at

school and at Dimple Dell. I also met Abby who is one of my

best friends now. I had one of the best summers of my life.

I just worked and hung out with Kade and friends. I started

school at SLCC and then decided I didn't like it and quit. It

was not very Tara like. I am not sure what I was thinking. I also

worked at Things Remembered and the Delta Center. Kade got

his mission call to Harrisburg Pennsylvania in December, set to leave

in March.















2003: I hung out with Kade every second until he went
on his mission. I was going to the U to be a teacher and
still working at Dimple Dell. Kade went on his mission
in March. I was super depressed but then summer came,
I got another job at Macey's grocery store and worked
my butt off to pay for school. In the fall I decided to go to
SLCC because I had no idea what I wanted to do and just
thought I should get generals done. I also quit Macey's and
went to work for TKJ with Brook it was a good time. At home
things weren't going so well my parents were fighting a lot and
it was hard to be there so I applied for BYU-Idaho and got in.
My year ended well because I got to talk to Kade on Christmas.














2004: I went to BYU-Idaho and lived with the best roommates

ever. Joy Price was my room roommate and we had a blast.

We had so much fun together. I didn't like BYU-Idaho but

sure had a good time with her. While I was there I interviewed

for the College program at Disney World. I passed the interview

and got the job. I was going there with Joy. I was super excited.

In April I moved back home because I had figured out what I

wanted to do with my life.....become a recreation program coordinator.

Which meant that I needed to major in Parks, Recreation, and Tourism.

The U had a great program top ten in the nation. So what did I do? Thats right

I went back to the U that summer. My brothers graduated from high school,

my parents got divorced, and my mom moved to Idaho. It was a rough summer,

however we had a great time that summer and Brook slept over almost every

night. It was awesome. I moved to Orlando in August and survived all four

hurricanes. I loved working at Disney World. It was one of the best decisions I

have ever made. During all this time I was writing Kade on his mission, he was

doing awesome. Joy is still one of my best friends and that year was good for the

most part.

2005: I moved home from Florida the first week in January.

I was going to go to SLCC to get my associates so all of my credits

could transfer and I wouldn't lose anything. The week I got home

my family moved out the house I had lived in most of my life and

moved to a townhome. It was really hard saying bye but I had lots

of awesome friends that came and helped and made it ok. Then Kade

came home from his mission and it worked out :) Lucky me! We had

a fun summer and worked a lot. I also went on a trip to New York and

Ireland with Joy and Stacia it was awesome! That fall I quit TKJ and went

to work at Discover Card and still at Dimple Dell. I also was going to the U

still for Parks, Recreation, and tourism. We got engaged that September and

married that December. We moved to Murray to our first apartment. Ry and

Dustin got their mission calls and went on their missions.

It was a great year!















2006: We were both going to school and working.
Kade started working at GSL electric which is where
he is now and going to school to be an electrician. I was
playing a lot of soccer. As a result I tore my ACL, etc. and
had to have surgery. We had a fun first year of marriage and
spent our first anniversary in the hospital while I had my
surgery. I had to schedule around finals both years which was
why it was on the same day.















2007: I graduated from the U with my BS. I was super
excited to be done. I had also started my job as a
recreation program coordinator in February of that
year and it was going well. I got hired on at Redwood
Recreation Center and I was thrilled. I had to quit
Dimple Dell but it was still county I was working for
however I had a hard time. Dally also graduated from
high school. I worked hard that year and also got
another job at Fridays serving and hosting. I know I
am crazy.












2008: In April we bought our first home in Sandy. We fell
in love with it. In August we got pregnant with Miss Mia.
We were thrilled! I was still working at Redwood Rec and
Kade at GSL. I was playing a lot of soccer that year until
I got pregnant. We were put in the nursery and we had a
great time working in their. We also went on a trip to
Disneyland that year, as we did the year before as well.
What an awesome year!

































2009: Well we added this beautiful addition to our
family. Mia Ashley Nichol was born on May 20, 2009.
It was the best day of my life, thus far. She was beautiful
and perfect in every way. We enjoyed watching her grow
and she changed our lives for the better. Going back to work
was very hard because this precious baby means more to
me than anything. Ryan and Lola got married that summer.
I was put in primary 8-11 girls, and Kade was put in as the....
yep you guessed it scoutmaster.
We went to Jazz games, Disney on Ice, the circus, and many
other fun activities with Mia. Thanks beautiful girl for making
our lives amazing!































2010: We started the year out in Rexburg for New Years.
We had a great time. Then Kade was preparing for his journeyman
test to become a journeyman electrician. Mia started
walking in April! We had Mia's first birthday party blowout!
It was a blast. Then we had a fun summer
with the little midget. We went swimming, to the zoo, the aquarium,
Bear Lake, etc. In August we found out we were pregnant with our
second :) Kade passed his journeyman test and became a journeyman
electrician. We found out that we were having a little boy. We still have
our same callings and are working hard and enjoying life with our beautiful
daughter and we are excited to add our son in April.



What a crazy decade! I can't believe I went from worrying about dances
and soccer in high school to becoming a mother and wife. I love my life
and wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this! I think you've had a pretty cool life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.