Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Conditioning



As I drive to work every morning I see a lot of high school aged kids running and I think I wish that was what I got to wake up and do instead of going to work. Then it makes me think of high school soccer conditioning. It was so so hard but I loved every minute of it. I loved getting up at 5am to go condition for hours at Storm Mountain Park, I loved when I finally would beat whoever I had been trying to all summer and I would get them, I even loved New Sports. If you played Jordan High Soccer you will know what I am talking about. As time has gone on from high school I have gotten more and more out of shape and gained a lot of weight. I don't care so much about the weight as I do the being in shape. I was in amazing shape back then and I think about how good I felt. As I have had my babies I have gotten less and less in the habit of working out because I want to spend as much time as possible with them after work and I can't imagine leaving them another hour when I only get two or three with them. For a while now I have been trying to figure out time to get back into shape. I can't go before work because Kade usually leaves between 4:30-5:00am. So on Sunday my cute brother Ryan calls me and asks me to run in the Sandy City 5K on the 4th of July as he asked I thought I don't really have time but I want to and I want to do something with Ryan. So I sat there for a minute and thought, I could go around 9 every night and just run around the neighborhood that way both kids are usually asleep and I won't miss out on time with them just with Kade but he is fully supportive of me and my dreams. Last night was the first night I went for a run. I was pretty out of shape but I managed to run more than I thought I would while listening to my music, some really good stuff ha ha. I wanted to thank Ryan for giving me the push that I needed, hopefully I will be able to keep it up and get back in shape. Ryan is always there to help me and be my rock, I am so lucky to have him in my life. He is one of the best friends I have ever had, love you so much poo. If you have any ideas for me please leave me a message :) Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. My only advice is: just keep going.

    I love that you and Ry are such good friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I think that is what I am going to have to do is work out at nights and I really don't want to. But you are so lucky to have Ryan giving you that push. And YAY for a goal race to help. You are inspiring me to get off my butt and get working out too. I am my only excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job Tara - I should totally come with you haha - I just don't know what I can do now that I'm pregnant since I wasn't running before - but I'm gonna talk to my dr in a couple of weeks and if she says I can run... I'm totally coming with you at nine haha! Keep it up - you are awesome! And I'm so jealous you have Ryan to push you - I need a Ryan in my life LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep doing it. That's what I found works for me, when the baby is a sleep. I stop and start, but I think it just matters that you do it. Good job, that's really awesome. Also, I figured out how much tougher I am now that I've given birth. You can do anything. Good job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Double jogging stroller. They'd love it :) I also have a hard time finding any time to exercise...I have to do it with B or not do it all. I figure I'm teaching her to be healthy when she sees me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for you Tara! Find someone who is really dependable and wants to do a race as well (possibly the same one or another one after) and have both of you keep each other honest and committed. :) I have to do that with every race I run or I won't be consistent and I tend to not push myself as hard as I need to. Once you get into a good habit, it gets easier, but keep setting goals because it is so fun when you can accomplish them and see your progress.
    Oh, and put a calendar on your door or bathroom mirror (some place that you see a lot) that has your schedule for running and training, then you can't help but remember that you made the goal and you will be even more motivated to do it. Guilt is a great motivator...
    Sorry this is so long, but I am SO SO SO excited for you! Let me know how your race goes!
    ~Les

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.