Thursday, August 2, 2012

Rexburg

 We had the opportunity to go to Rexburg a couple of weeks ago to hang out with Joy. Joy was my room mate for a year back in 2004 in Rexburg and Disney World and we have been best friends ever since. Luckily for me she is also Kade's cousin so I get to see her more than I normally would because we have lots of family stuff with them. I was worried about driving 4 hours with the kids by myself because Kade was working in Wyoming for 10 days straight so I wanted to do fun things while he was gone. They actually did pretty well, they slept the first 2 1/2 hours. Then we made a stop and then listened to some awesome mix cd's that I made in high school they were fantastic :) We got to Joy's and got the kids settled in and then both she and I passed out, she had just got home from girls camp. Saturday morning we woke up and hung out and just chilled which was amazing we never get to do that. Then we went to the nature park and fed the ducks. Mia loved chasing after them. We went grocery shopping after that then went home for naps. While the kids were napping Joy and I watched Step Up. I had never seen it and I love Channing Tatum and Joy owns every dance movie ever so we watched it. I really liked it. That night we went to the splash park at Porter Park and hung out for a couple of hours. Mia was scared at first to go down the slides but Joy went with her and then she was great. Brooks loved standing at the end of the slides getting splashed. He also wandered over the the other playground and wanted to swing. We went home made dinner, chatted and laughed. It has been a long time since I was able to just hang out with Joy, we are always doing something or with a bunch of people so it was really nice and a good distraction since I hadn't seen Kade in over a week. The next day we hung out and then drove home during nap time. Thanks Joy for an awesome weekend, we definitely need to make this an annual thing, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.