Monday, October 29, 2012

Octoberfest 10K

 After my sprint tri I needed something to keep me motivated. I found this 10K online for $20 including a shirt so I decided that I should sign up. I got Brook to sign up with me. It was such a deal. I found an 8 week training and off I went. I really enjoyed this training a lot more than the half marathon training. I think a 10K is just the right distance. I had been running about 11.5-12 minute miles so I was hoping to finish by 1 hour and 12 minutes. We started the race and I was super nervous but I got in my groove and kept going. When I was just about half way Kade was standing there cheering me on. He is my biggest cheerleader and I love that about him. He is so supportive and loves me so much I don't know where I would be without him. I kept running and could see Brook the whole time in front of me. She runs faster than me so I thought if I could keep her in my sight then I might be able to finish in my time. When I got to the sign that said one mile left and I was tired and two older gentlemen passed me. I saw Kade one more time and he told me to go get it so I ran hard and I passed those two men that had passed me. When I came around the corner the last twenty yards or so was downhill into the park where we had started and Kade was there with me ready to run with me, he always does this at races and it helps me go fast. As I turned the corner I saw the time was 1:05 something and I was shocked and so excited. I ran through in the 1:05 minute and just about passed out. I was thrilled to finish almost 7 minutes faster than I thought I would. I figured out that I ran 10.4 minute miles and I couldn't believe it. That is the fastest I have ever run. I loved that distance and hope to do it again soon. Brook did awesome too finishing 3 minutes before me. Thanks Kade for being there for us, you are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.