Monday, March 24, 2014

Two is better than one :)

 My whole life I have wanted twins. The idea of twins was always so appealing, probably because of my amazing, loving, and adorable identical twin brothers. My grandpa and great grandpa are also twins. When I was little I was a little bit jealous of them because I wanted a twin, a playmate, someone that was there all the time that I had a connection with. Luckily for me my twin came 5 years after I did. Because there were just the four of us Dally and I became very close. I am very blessed in that all three of my brothers are my best friends and are amazing brothers. We are all close because there are four of us in five years and that is how our kids will be.

When I started hanging out with Kade I met his sister Kacey who was pregnant with twins. I thought how great it was that I was going to get to be part of it and luckily for me I have been since the day they were born. The picture of me and Kade holding Colby and Shaela is one of my favorite pictures of us. I didn't realize it was a telling of what was to come.

 Both times I went in for my first appointment with my doctor for Mia and Brooks I was a little disappointed that there was only one but watching them over the almost three years had made me so happy I had them close together and they love each other and are always concerned about the other that I thought when I found out we were pregnant that I hoped they would be close to this baby too even though they were going to be a lot farther apart. We were thinking this would be our last one so when we went in for our appointment and saw that it was twins we were so excited and I was thrilled that Kade was there to see them. The doctor laughed and said that's not the normal reaction I get from people and I told him and the nurse that this is my biggest dream come true and that this is what I have always wanted. Then it all started to make sense because my pants were already tight at 8 weeks and I was feeling so much different than the other two times. As soon as we found out they were twins we still decided we didn't want to know what they were because it is just so much fun! He did put a lot more strict restrictions on me no more running, no more soccer, no lifting more than 10 pounds and 300 more calories per day but its all worth it. The videos of our telling our parents are the best, they are on facebook. We are so excited and thrilled beyond words. We know its going to be hard, tiring, and a challenge but we are so excited we can barely stand it. 
The first picture of our twins.
 I told you I was showing early.
 I had to move up a pant size already...crazy! 
 My babies at 12 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. YAHOO!!!! Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you:) I love having three kids, and I can only imagine how crazy fun four will be for you.

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Me

My photo
Kade and I met in high school. We have been married 6 years and we have a beautiful daughter Mia and son Brooks.